Greetings Fellow Knowledge Traveler
On the internet, I am known as OpenWaterSwim, but you may also call me Jaes. I live on a lake in the Midwest. I am passionate about open water swimming, music of many genres especially of the electronic variety, personal finance and investing, health and personal wellness, organic gardening, cooking great healthy meals, learning 日本語, the Japanese Language, expanding my knowledge by reading, and sharing my knowledge with others.
Tools of My Trade
I am very specific with the technology I use. Here are the tools I use to write this blog, for investing, to study and learn new things, and for development.
- Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad W540 (My old reliable laptop)
- Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme 3rd Gen Type 20TK Laptop (A recent gift from my loving wife)
- Monitors: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QL1A 27” HDR Gaming Monitor (I have two of these)
- Keyboard: Logitech MX Keys Advanced Wireless Illuminated Keyboard (The best keyboard ever)
- Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse (Even better than my original MX mice)
- Headphones: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (The best way I found to focus)
About This Site
This site is managed and hosted by BigScoots. I started using them in 2017 for WordPress blog hosting and never looked back. They have an incredibly easy to use interface and first class support. If you would like to create your own web site, I highly recommend using them.
Connect With Me
*The header image is from an original acrylic on canvas painted from a photo of me swimming in open water gifted to me by the artist Adrienne Kleiman.